Finally playing regular duardin tomorrow

Veterannoob

Got a game vs. SE player and his wing of 30+ fliying stormcasts (at my request) to see how that works vs. duardin. Odd making a list. I want to use certain models so I am, and I'll learn how they play as we go. Gyros are coming out, some cannons, i miss my irondrakes and ironbreakers, and finally will have a hero that can unbind! Fyreslayers are still around, won a game today with them vs. Bloodbound...just finally time to break out the regular duardin for a game as I rebase.

I don't have the Order book so I'm using the App to make a list from Dwarfs, Dispossessed and Ironweld for a 2,000 point matched play game. Any thoughts or advice or cautions, please feel free to share. thanks! :) 

18 hours ago, Ansuz said:

Are you forsaking the true path of Grimnir?

Well, after seeing how limited the duardin are on their lonesome me thinks I'll stick w/Fyreslyers solo some more until Steamheads and/or duardin get an update or at least allegiance, command and artifacts. Still have all the new battalions to try out :) 

Hey @Veterannoob how did the game go? I love Dispossessed but have found in objective games our slowness makes for really tough games. Point for point our little dudes are tough and pretty hitty but if you spread out to get the objectives you get ganged up on, and if you stick together you struggle to get the objectives.

6 hours ago, mhsellwood said:

Hey @Veterannoob how did the game go? I love Dispossessed but have found in objective games our slowness makes for really tough games. Point for point our little dudes are tough and pretty hitty but if you spread out to get the objectives you get ganged up on, and if you stick together you struggle to get the objectives.

I'll talk more about this tomorrow when we record this week's ep of  Combat Phase but I got rufflestomped.xD I did ask to play vs. his prosecutors army since I thought it could be the worst match up for me, plus learning SE, SE Extremis, and how to use duardin. We rolled the comets from heaven scenario 6 and with his obscene speed and teleporting I couldn't win, even when the miners came up late game on my marker. But I learned a lot.  Was using the grand battalion but what I had with me wasn't all GW models and I didn't want to be disrespectful in the store, they are so super awesome there. So many smaller units which I wouldn't necessarily do again. But 3 units of longbeards to buff overlapping circles of deployment is nice. Flame cannon did well. Can't wait to dig out the rest of my dwarf collection later next month. My gyrocopter and bomber never even had a chance:)

Archived