Alternative Warcry warbands: Witch hunter, Bretonians and Dwarf Treasure Hunters

SerialMoM

Hello all,

I am an old Mordheim nut, so when I learned about Warcry I immediately started thinking about Human Order warbands.

GW do not seem to like the concept anymore so I started thinking about alternative rules.

First one are witch hunters. For them I chose Bonesplitters as basis, because of the ranged attacks.

you see an arrowboy Boss as witch hunter leader

3 arrowboys as witch hunters

Orruk morboy with Totem as priest

2 orruk morboys as flagellants

1savage Big Stabs Unit as ogre ( do you remember the Ogre hired swords from Mordheim)

and one Savage oruk as brethren.

The list is not too strong, but I hope ist will be fun.

coming up next: Bretonians

8CEFF9DC-1A49-4DE8-AB3C-8D8E3BF7CA69.jpeg

Edited by SerialMoM
  • Like 3

I have an idea (not really mine) to integrate Bretonnian (or knight in general) figurines. Playing with the rules of the FEC, in fact we really play the FEC but with their appearance altered by illusion. The ghouls are replaced by peasants, men-at-arms or squire figurines. The Crypt-Horrors by knights of the realm or other Bretonnian knights order. And the Flayers by Pegasus knights. (Maybe hippogryph for the Infernal courtier if it fit on the base)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Nice idea sance.

My approach is different

I Uwe Slave to dankenswerter rules.

The Marauders horseriders are translated in knights ( leader and two normal one).

the chosen and knights are foot knights and Marauders on foot are the peasants with different weapons.

I tested my witch hunters already and I liked  them. Lets see how the Bretonnians will work.

89F2E009-362E-4C0C-96EE-473F9D80F338.jpeg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 6:42 PM, SerialMoM said:

Nice idea sance.

My approach is different

I Uwe Slave to dankenswerter rules.

The Marauders horseriders are translated in knights ( leader and two normal one).

the chosen and knights are foot knights and Marauders on foot are the peasants with different weapons.

I tested my witch hunters already and I liked  them. Lets see how the Bretonnians will work.

89F2E009-362E-4C0C-96EE-473F9D80F338.jpeg

I had considered slaves to darkness but would be much better for bretonnia if we had access to chaos knights instead of just marauder horsemen but the marauders for peasants work for sure.

I was personally considering Ossiarch Bonereapers for my bretonnians, they have appropriately tough horsemen I feel though the regular mortek guard as peasants might be a bit too tough? But I mean they're also all strength 3 which seemed to fit.

I just checked them, the knights fit well with toughness 5.

but toughness 5 for the infantery would better  fit for knights on foot with  shields.

You could include an Bretonnian ogre though.

The OBR Minis are really very much not beautyful.

Edited by SerialMoM

• 1 month later...

Hello again, 

I just built an Fyreslayer warband and use my dwarf treasure hunter minis for them. I think the dwarfs mini fit better to the rules than the pure Fyreslayers.

1x Hearthguard Berserker (w/axe) Leader = Hammerer leader
3x Vulkite Berserker (Dual Wield) = Slayers with 2 axes 
3 x Auric Hearthguard = Thunderers
2 x Vulkite Berserker (shield/axe) = longbeards with shields.

B268423C-752A-49BF-BAE9-BC0EF177B62A.jpeg

Edited by SerialMoM
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

• 3 months later...