Treekin in Sylvaneth

Gorthor21

In the AoS app, treekin only have the ORDER and TREE KIN keywords now.  Generally speaking, that would usually only be playable in a GA: ORDER allegiance.

In the AoS 1.0 Sylvaneth book, there was a battalion that allowed you to bring any order unit  without losing sylvaneth allegiance (and another battalion where you could bring any order wizard), but if you are playing in current 2.0, things have unfortunately become much more strict for Sylvaneth. Current allies we can bring are stormcast, idoneth, and wanderers (with dispossessed and fyreslayers also options for IRONBARK general armies).

I would recommend simply asking your opponent if they would allow you to add the sylvaneth keyword to your Tree Kin, if you want to use the official Tree Kin warscroll.  Otherwise, put them on the same base size as kurnoth hunters, and use them as proxy kurnoth hunters.

Edited by Zanzou

8 hours ago, Gorthor21 said:

That is unfortunate.  I’m sure some people wouldn’t be apposed to using them in either of those ways.  Which warscroll would be appropriate the greatswords or scythes?

I would think either would be doable...  The only version that would be weird to me would be Kurnoth with bows, since Tree Kin models are melee-only.

• Like 1