Khorne Crimson Fury and Mutations? help please

cptronsolo

hello I just bought the starter box thunder and blood for AoS. it comes with stormcast eternals and some khorne dudes.

I decided I wanted to paint my khorne dudes like the crimson fury warband. I do believe this book is out of date and I don't believe the crimson fury warband has anything special about them. they have black armor and red trim in case you're wondering. the little description the book gives says "Even the lowliest of the Crimson Fury's number considers himself blessed in the Blood God's sight. Many have the mutations to prove it."    from what I can only guess from info I've found online, when I actually get the battletome i'll have to choose a different warband/slaughter host keyword because I can't find crimson fury anywhere.  

My main question is actually about the mutations. I can't find any definitive answers. from what I have read online is that Khorne will "bless" his followers with sharper teeth, more muscles, horns that kinda stuff.   One post said he may also "bless" his followers with weapon/arm melds. As in an axe or sword for a hand instead of a hand or claw. please tell me if it is true because I would love to make my blood warriors and reavers have weapon hands and stuff.

Posting in painting and modeling because I want to know the answers to the khorne mutations and possibly thoughts on crimson fury warband before I commit to the well painting and models. 

thank you for your time, cptronsolo

For chaos, anything goes! They may have an axe hand, or spear feet, or mace shoulders!

Except magic, khorne doesn't give out magic.

In the warhammer fantasy MMO, the chaos marauder (oddly enough) changed weapons on the fly. And by change weapons, as in his arms into other weapons.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2020 at 11:03 AM, cptronsolo said:

hello I just bought the starter box thunder and blood for AoS. it comes with stormcast eternals and some khorne dudes.

I decided I wanted to paint my khorne dudes like the crimson fury warband. I do believe this book is out of date and I don't believe the crimson fury warband has anything special about them. they have black armor and red trim in case you're wondering. the little description the book gives says "Even the lowliest of the Crimson Fury's number considers himself blessed in the Blood God's sight. Many have the mutations to prove it."    from what I can only guess from info I've found online, when I actually get the battletome i'll have to choose a different warband/slaughter host keyword because I can't find crimson fury anywhere.  

My main question is actually about the mutations. I can't find any definitive answers. from what I have read online is that Khorne will "bless" his followers with sharper teeth, more muscles, horns that kinda stuff.   One post said he may also "bless" his followers with weapon/arm melds. As in an axe or sword for a hand instead of a hand or claw. please tell me if it is true because I would love to make my blood warriors and reavers have weapon hands and stuff.

Posting in painting and modeling because I want to know the answers to the khorne mutations and possibly thoughts on crimson fury warband before I commit to the well painting and models. 

thank you for your time, cptronsolo

That sounds like a brilliant inspiration point! to answer your questions from the top:

Yeah you'll have to choose a different one. But if you want to play the Crimson Fury just find the one that matches the lore the best and use that one. I do the same for my stormcast. Their stormhost Sons of Mallus. Don't have rules but very cool snippits of information which leaves me enough room to make them my own but enough to build on. 

Their won't be a definitive answer because the mutations can be anything that Khorne deems a blessing. And the blessings regularly overpower the blessed warrior. With turning into a spawn being a real option. But it can be anything. For example in one of the stories someone loses  their sight but gains a kind of mystical sight from Khorne so he can still fight. But main things I've read are the teeth, extra strength and height, horns, hardened skin, extra stamina and bone growths and nails that basically function as weapons. But indeed the solution to a missing limb is not a doctor but a weaponsmith so definitely do so! That way they are 'armed' again... sorry couldn't resist.

All in all, getting a full army painted is quite an effort so if the Crimson Fury story inspires you. Than go for ti. Get those conversions in there, get them painted and that will help you get them done. (way more than a scheme that is 'official' but doenst inspire you)

Hope to see some pictures soon