Beast Runemark Question

Vakarian

Kind of a random question - can models with the beast runemark (like a Rocktusk Prowler in Untamed Beasts or Gryph-hound in Stormcast) receive lesser artifacts, artifacts of power, or command traits? 

I thought I had read somewhere, back when the game first arrived, that they can’t. Now I can’t find that anywhere in the rules and am wondering if it was just something I assumed. It seems like they shouldn’t be able to, but I’m not sure where it is in the rules despite looking several times for it. 

Long story short is I’m wondering if I could put an artifact or command trait on a Rocktusk Prowler, etc. Thanks! 

2 hours ago, Vakarian said:

Kind of a random question - can models with the beast runemark (like a Rocktusk Prowler in Untamed Beasts or Gryph-hound in Stormcast) receive lesser artifacts, artifacts of power, or command traits? 

I thought I had read somewhere, back when the game first arrived, that they can’t. Now I can’t find that anywhere in the rules and am wondering if it was just something I assumed. It seems like they shouldn’t be able to, but I’m not sure where it is in the rules despite looking several times for it. 

Long story short is I’m wondering if I could put an artifact or command trait on a Rocktusk Prowler, etc. Thanks! 

The only thing I know they can't do is open doors. My Rocktusk is wearing a dragon tooth necklace which is an Artifact of Power and some perishable thingy that gives him +1T. I'm also gunning to make a Favored Warrior out of him and give him a Command Trait. 

• Thanks 1

Well, I’d feel off balance if he was wielding an axe and maybe even some lesser artifacts but most of them I can imagine fitting my cats. A custom magic chain mail or spiked somethings on him etc etc. Healing pots are a weird thing when I start imagining a cat drinking them but oh well. These are no ordinary cats. Glad it helps. 

Yea, I’ll try to stick to giving it something that isn’t completely immersion-breaking. I’m enjoying the narrative aspect of Warcry enough that I’d rather play something suboptimal that’s cool rather than stick something on the kitty that doesn’t make sense. It’s just cool that it can be upgraded at all. 

• LOVE IT! 1