Can StD Heroes that take a Mark of Chaos get command traits and artefacts?

smartazjb0y

Question

I'm not sure if it's just a bug/glitch with Azyr/Warscroll Builder, but from what I understood of the rules, if you have an StD unit that has the Mark of Chaos ability, it gets that god's keyword. So, I'd assume that it'd be able to take that allegiance's command traits/artefacts. But, when I try to do that in Azyr/Warscroll, it doesn't let me choose ANY artefacts or command traits. Am I misinterpreting this rule? 

2 answers to this question

That sounded weird, so I went and had a look on warscroll builder. Solved it for ya! 

I'm assuming you picked your units from the Slaves to Darkness tab, and failed to generate a command trait/artifact through that. Each of the chaos god factions already have all the Slaves to Darkness units available to them listed in their respective tab, so just pick whichever you were going for (let's say Diciples of Tzeentch), scroll down to the slaves to darkness unit located there (Let's say Sorcerer Lord) and that should give you access to command traits and such. Don't forget to pick the right allegiance as well, or there won't be any command traits/artifacts to pick from ;)

So to be clear; Pick the units from the tab of the faction you're playing as when you select units, don't grab units from the slaves to darkness section, since that will make the warscroll builder think you're playing slaves to darkness.

Edited by Mayple