Fanatics

EccentricCircle

I'm building a Gloomspite army, built around the Night Goblin type stuff, and am having great fun painting angry little goblins!

My question is: do the spore fanatics hide in regular Shooter or Stabba units, like the regular fanatics do? It seems like they should, since they are a variant of the same thing, but unless I'm missing something I couldn't see that bit of the rules on their warscroll?

1 hour ago, EccentricCircle said:

I'm building a Gloomspite army, built around the Night Goblin type stuff, and am having great fun painting angry little goblins!

My question is: do the spore fanatics hide in regular Shooter or Stabba units, like the regular fanatics do? It seems like they should, since they are a variant of the same thing, but unless I'm missing something I couldn't see that bit of the rules on their warscroll?

Nah they don't, mainly due to their use being the opposite (screening units with big spore clouds). Mechanically and lore-wise it wouldn't make sense. 

Fanatics hiding in units is a super fun mechanic though. 

1 minute ago, Albioin said:

Nah they don't, mainly due to their use being the opposite (screening units with big spore clouds). Mechanically and lore-wise it wouldn't make sense. 

Fanatics hiding in units is a super fun mechanic though. 

Super, thanks. I think that means I have enough units for my fanatics, so that should work out quite well! Still getting a feel for the army and how to do things. Its nice to see that they've kept a lot of the classic Night Goblin ideas, like Netters, fanatics being a random etc. I went into it expecting the wackyness to be watered down in order to make the army more competitive, but its good to see that they seem to have struck a good balance!

• 1 month later...