2000 Points Nurgle

Havek77

Hey,

I have an upcoming event next week, and I have yet to finalize my list!  It is getting a tad stressful.  I have two main list ideas and they are fairly similar.  I would just like to know what you folks think.  For reference, it is a six round event using the six battleplans from the Handbook.

List 1 - 2000 Points

• Great Unclean One - 240
  • Herald of Nurgle - 100
  • Daemon Prince (Nurgle) 160
  • Lord of Plagues - 100
  • 3x 10 Plaguebearers - 300
  • 6 Plaguedrones (Unsure if I want 1x6 or 2x3) - 440
  • 2 Soulgrinders - 560
  • Tallyband of Nurgle - 100

List 2 - 2000 Points

• Great Unclean One - 240
  • The Glottkin - 480
  • Herald of Nurgle - 100
  • Lord of Plagues - 100
  • 3x 10 Plaguebearers - 300
  • 3 Plaguedrones - 220
  • 2 Soulgrinders - 560

As you can see they are fairly similar.  My main 1-2 punch exists with the Soulgrinders.  For the first list, the general of the army is the Great Unclean One, and for the second list, it would be the Glottkin.

I am not a HUGE fan of having the Lord of Plagues in the armies, but I really wanted to round out with four heroes to help me with the Places of Power battleplan.

Thanks for taking the time to look these over.  I really appreciate any comments or recommendations towards the lists.

I've only played a handful of games, but it's been my experience that the tallyband isn't as good as it looks on paper.

Mainly this is due to the possibility of the opponent potentially having back to back turns and denying all of your healing :(

13 hours ago, TrexPushups said:

Not sure if you can free up the points but festus for 120 could be a more enjoyable 4th hero for you.

He has good spells and can help keep your big boy heroes topped off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big issue here is not having the model, and being so close to the tournament itself.  Though I could see where he has a lot of potential.  Thanks for the advice.  I may try the Chaos Sorcerer Lord.  Daemonic Power and Oracular Visions seem pretty decent too.

10 hours ago, Bronouns said:

I've only played a handful of games, but it's been my experience that the tallyband isn't as good as it looks on paper.

Mainly this is due to the possibility of the opponent potentially having back to back turns and denying all of your healing :(

Totally understand.  I try to play assuming I will never get that back to back turn.  Saying that, relying on the resilience of the daemons will be a staying point to help soften the blow of the opposing back to back turn.  Thanks for the input though, it is something that I will consider as I finalize the list.

Totally understand.  I try to play assuming I will never get that back to back turn.  Saying that, relying on the resilience of the daemons will be a staying point to help soften the blow of the opposing back to back turn.  Thanks for the input though, it is something that I will consider as I finalize the list.

Definitely take the plague drones as a unit of 6 to reduce risk of getting removed by that double turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Jamie said:

Why no blight kings ?:( 

Comes down to the fact I only have five of them.  I am debating running them, but I really feel they need to be in at least a unit of 10 for this style of event to be effect.  Otherwise they will just slowly slogg across the battlefield. 

• 1 year later...

Archived