Free Guild Warband feedback

Gibblibits

My gaming group is starting a campaign for warcry and my friend is interested in playing a free-guild warband. I've tried to make some home-brewed stat cards but was curious if these would be fairly balanced. The Campaign is very casual and we aren't looking to be super competitive. I'm mostly interested in feedback regarding the cards to make sure my buddy doesn't get stomped out or dominate the rest of us. Also if anyone has fun suggestions for abilities id love to hear them as well. I know in AOS freeguild rely on buffs from their hero units and I think doing something similar could be an interesting playstyle for this warband.

Warcry free banner.jpg

Warcry free guild general.jpg

Warcry free guild greatsword.jpg

Warcry free guild guard.jpg

Warcry freehandgunner.jpg

Warcry free guild guard.psd

Hm, I have to compare them to the other cards later but at the moment I would say this.

I have the feelting the Freeguild General should be a addition like the Warqueen that will come with Monsters & Mercenaries, or did you only use the picture for a Guild Champion. Instead I would add a Guild Champion, Marksman and/or Sergeant as Leader Option (with maybe 15-20 Wounds ). When we see the other Heroes maybe we will see how many Wounds a Freeguild General should have.

For a little more variaty. You could basicly add Halberds,  Spears and/or crossbows as well.

And I don't know if I wouldn't lower the defence of the guardsmen with shield to 4. (they aren't Iron Golems with Defence 4 on the standardguys)

Espessally Halberts could be interesting having Range 2, Strength 4 but only Defence 3.

Also your Handgunner is missing a Melee Profile, and 8" is very short for a Handgun (thats basicly the range of a pistol) while neary all other units in the game with ranged weapons have 3"-12" or 3"-15" as range.

First glance, these guys are too powerful for their points cost.   A lot of fluff/base abilities from AOS are doubles triples, etc, and not on available on the cards...    These guys base stats to point cost are way too good, compare the Iron Gauntlet Shield guy to yours and you can see what I mean, you have 1 more attack, instead of two wound, and your 25 cheaper!   Attacks are the most powerful stat.  

I would suggest, picking a faction that is in the game and doing a straight count as....    If your unsatisfied with that, move models from various factions to one, using the associated abilities.    Wouldn't be perfect for example use the Iron golem shield guy, use the untamed beast duel wielder for great sword, use stuff from the coming allies book as well.    Handgunner looks the roughest, but the allies books should have something.

Edited by Nerdkingdan

One more thing to look at if you don't want to do count as, use the attack characteristics from sigmar, that match the model your putting in to determine its damage.

Greatswords for example unbuffed do not swing harder than Namarti Thralls in sigmar, yet you have them as 2/6, where as the thralls are 2/4.  

Handgunners do not have a gun that is better than blood stalkers bow in Aos.    They shoot 2-3-1/5  20" compared to your 2-3-3/5 8", so their hand gun should likely be something like 2-3-1/4 15".

Edited by Nerdkingdan