Vampire mortarchs on foot, spare bits from Arkhan. How to play?

Chikrit

Hello all, 

I'm new to the hobby. I came mostly for the painting, but I'm curious about the rules. I just finished painting all my first Start Collecting Skeletons with Arkhan on command, and seeing some wonderful conversions out there for the spare bits from the mortarchs I managed to re-sculpt the legs for Mannfred so he can stand quite convincingly on top of a rock (the scythe is long) and managed to increase the contact point of Neferata's clothes so she can appear as landing from a jump, surely attatched to the base (I'm surprised on how well it has gone, really 😁).

My question is, how can they be playable? The obvious answer would be as Vampire Lords without flying, mount or chalice, like the minis tagged "Vlad" and "Konrad" on the shop. Is or could be generally accepted on tournaments?

Thanks a lot

Chikrit

Edited by Chikrit

Hi Chikrit!

Yes, using them as Vampire Lords will be perfectly fine. I'm pretty sure you could also go with both flying horror and chalices for them both. I've never run into issues with one of mine not expressively showing all options. Just make sure your opponents are aware of what your models have got before and during the games.

Thanks a lot. That gives even more sense to build them, apart from the satisfaction of painting some more minis. Maybe if I buy a second Start Collecting I'll have to mount a Vampire on the monster, and build Arkhan as a Wight King.... 😁

This is how Mannfred looks, once painted, as a Vampire Lord on foot (not based yet). Next in line will be Neferata. 🥰

Regards

Chikrit

IMG_20190902_134931.jpg.0e018d5a1ac85b4fc61ccf7c59c69968.jpg

• Like 2