Attacking in the Hero Phase

thediceabide

Question

So the Bonesplitterz have a variety of ways to attack in the Hero Phase, which has led to a couple questions regarding abilities that work in the Combat Phase. For the sake of clarity, I'll break it down into smaller questions, and all are assumed to be attacking in the Hero Phase using the Wurrgog Prophet's Command Ability, Prophet of da Waaagh!: "If a Wurrgog Prophet uses this ability, select a BONESPLITTERZ unit within 15". That unit can immediately pile in and attack as if it were the combat phase. This does not prevent the unit from attacking later."

1. If I use this ability on a Savage Big Boss, does this trigger the Let Me At 'Em ability ("After a Savage Big Boss has attacked, you can pick another BONESPLITTERZ unit within 10". That unit can immediately pile in and attack if it is within 3" of an enemy unit and has not yet attacked this combat phase.")?
  2. If I use this ability on a unit of Savage Boarboy Maniaks, do they get to use Maniak Fury ("You can pile in and attack with this unit for a second time at the end of each of your own combat phases.")?
  3. If I use this ability on on one of my units to attack an enemy unit of Savage Orruks with Bone Shields ("Savage Orruks have a Save of 5+ in the combat phase."), do they get their save bonus?
  4. If I use this ability on one of my units to attack an enemy unit of Blood Warriors, can they use No Respite ("If a model from this unit is slain in the combat phase, you can make a pile in move and then attack with the model before you remove it.")?

Basically, do abilities that only work in the combat phase work if you're attacking in the Hero Phase "as if it was the combat phase"?

I'm inclined to say yes to #1 and no to the others, as #1 is true since the combat phase hasn't happened yet, so obviously the unit has not yet attacked this combat phase... But it would be pretty cheeky to have two Savage Big Bosses triggering each other back and forth infinitely.

I would say...

1) It's not the combat phase. It's only "the combat phase" for the Savage Big Boss, and this does not pass on permission to attack to the target unit - as he's the only one granted the ability to attack in the hero phase In the first place.

2)It's your hero phase, not 'your combat phase' - the trigger is the end of the combat phase, not attacking.

3)This one's trickier. The intent is obviously that Savage Orruks have a higher save against melee attacks. But RAW, it's neither player's combat phase, so they don't.

4) Same reasoning as 3)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Archived