Beasts of Khorne Discussion

Lord Krungharr

I've been hammering away at making the Brass Despoilers work, and decided to make a separate discussion about it, as the Beasts of Chaos and Blades of Khorne discussions are huge and appropriately varied.

Brass Despoilers are, I think, about the best Beasts battalion, and seem to be super best with Bullgors because of the rerolling 1s to hit.  But to keep units from the battalion wholly within range for the effect one must use smaller units.  I learned this the hard way.  Also with Bullgors, getting extra attacks and hit buffs is super key, and thus I feel they work best in a Khorne army.

My new thoughts (after getting annihilated 3 times at a tournament, after a few other losses practicing) on a Beasts of Khorne army are thus:

190    Brass Despoilers

120    Doombull

480    3x3 Greataxe Bullgors

210   3x10 Gors (for Battleline)

360   3x10 Bestigors

120   Bloodsecrator (general) / Thermalrider Cloak / Violent Urgency

120   Bloodsecrator / Banner of Wrath (or whichever the one to reroll charges is)

100   Slaughterpriest

100   Slaughterpriest

all the Judgements of Khorne!

5 deployment drops.

What does anyone think of this approach for the Despoilers?  What else might be better for Beasts of Khorne?

While I applaud the idea of a separate thread I don't think it will be as good as traction as within the BoC thread.  

My thoughts are 3 x 10 Bestigors aren't taking advantage of their thread being super wide, you don't have a Shaman or Cogs to propel them faster into CC and there is no Flaming bull for them to go first.  

I quite like the battalion but I feel it works better with Warherd and Ghorgons can be surprisingly effective with re-rolling 1s.

Best of luck :)