Warcry : City of the Damned

Moldek

12 hours ago, ArmitageShanks said:

I hit a snag on building terrain. Since I'm a noob on this aspect of the hobby, all my effort went to way too oversized buildings that both look ridiculous and don't lend themselves well to gameplay. I'm gonna start over,  and hence the question: my new plans involve a static board with built in elevation and building features. I know this was all well and good in Mordheim but do you guys think it'll work for Warcry? The implications would be to discard the idea of a terrain deck and a new way to set up the forces would be required. I'm not quite sure how to go on about this.

Given the size of a warcry boad I wouldn’t advise a static board; as @Lior'Lec said it’ll get stale soon. I’d say try building a few rough structures with just cardboard and try fitting mini on/inside/under them so you can see how they interact. Build a few small ruined corners so you can try some techniques out before diving in on bigger buildings. You can get some good results with just foamcore and popsicle sticks ( use them as wooden beams on walls and as planks for walkways / floorboards ). Add a bunch of rubble (cut up sprues etc) to the bases, base black or brown and drybrush some drab colors and it can look quite nice with relatively low effort!