Problem with some victory cards

Bademeister

Hey guys,

i played some games of Warcry in my local store. Very nice game. It's fast, easy to learn (hard to master) and lot of fun.

But... we had some matches which were won/lose before the first round. i'll tell you why. 

First you have to draw tarrain card. thats ok not such a great impact on what i want to tell you. 2nd you draw a deployment card. the player which won the the first roll off can decide if he/she is the blue or red part. in some ways/cards you can decide that your opponent can just deploy on one side of the board. then you draw a victory card. some of them have a roll off and the winner can decide which one is defender and attacker. if you are now able to win this again and can decide your role, i can happen that the game is over before it begins.

example: is decided the deployment, my opponent had one dagger unit 8" away from the middle. the other two came in round 2 and 3. both on the long side of his quarter. mine deployd exatly in the middle, 8" away from the middle and on the edge, oppositeto him. victory card was something like, choose one edge of the battlefield, one has to flew with his minituares. i decided the edge on my quarter, so his (slow) iron golems have to cross the whole board to flee on my edge. but don't forget, that his anvil and hammer deploy in round 2 and 3. no chance for him (even with a faster warband).

so we draw an other vicotry card. again a roll off. i won it again (these nice symbols as 6's smiled at me). i was able to deploy a treasure, 6" away from the centre. so i puttet in my deployzone, grab it with my fastest champ and run away. no chance for him to win this match.

so, what i want to tell is that there are some victory cards which could be very nice, but they could broke the game. so when you want a competetive game, some of them have to be removed maybe.

• Thanks 1