Manticor conversion/parts question

Overread

So its come to my notice that the AoS Slaves to Darkness Lord on Manticor has some freaking awesome wings on it! 

I'm wondering a few things as a result 

1) How would those wings look on an old metal Slaanesh Greater Demon - since if they worked well they'd make it into one fantastic winged prince. 

2) Is there anywhere which sells those wings? I've tried ebay and some of the bits stores that google throws up, but by and large there were no wings. AoS in general (at least in the UK) is really badly supported by bits sellers save for some of the newest kits. The manticore is also direct only which I think is seriously eating into its potential to be broken down for bits. 

3) What can one do with the remaining manticore model when one has the wings used for something else? If the only way I can get them is to buy the model I'd rather have a good use/conversion/opportunity for the core body and hero of the model; otherwise the cost is just way too much for a pair of wings.

On 7/4/2019 at 8:11 PM, Overread said:

So its come to my notice that the AoS Slaves to Darkness Lord on Manticor has some freaking awesome wings on it! 

I'm wondering a few things as a result 

1) How would those wings look on an old metal Slaanesh Greater Demon - since if they worked well they'd make it into one fantastic winged prince. 

2) Is there anywhere which sells those wings? I've tried ebay and some of the bits stores that google throws up, but by and large there were no wings. AoS in general (at least in the UK) is really badly supported by bits sellers save for some of the newest kits. The manticore is also direct only which I think is seriously eating into its potential to be broken down for bits. 

3) What can one do with the remaining manticore model when one has the wings used for something else? If the only way I can get them is to buy the model I'd rather have a good use/conversion/opportunity for the core body and hero of the model; otherwise the cost is just way too much for a pair of wings.

Regarding 3, I can think of all kinds of things but what armies should we be looking at? The posing needs to be Angled across a rock or something but it could be a drocoline 2.0 for an lord arcanum on dracoline? Like it’s leaping Down. Maybe changing the face for a dracoline but leaving the manes and probably would need a different tail as well.

You’d need a different head I feel but a viscous mount for a clawlord? Using the mounted rules? 

I don’t know which armies you play but there’s a lot of similar ideas floating through my mind. But the two main issues would be. 1. Does the face fit (it looks a bit deeply to me) but replacing it with another shouldn’t be the hardest because you can just cut it out and hide the joint in some sculpted fur. 2. It’s posing is rearing upwards. Without wings it needs something under a paw to justify that or going the other way angled as if moving horizontally while looking down