Capturing Objectives

ByronicHero

Question

At the start of a pitched battle using one of the objective based missions, am I right in thinking that you don't hold objectives in your own territory unless you have a model within X" at the end of your turn? Put another way, are you assumed to hold them automatically and can thus move away? My understanding is that the formed case is correct, but I was unable to see it stated explicitly and have encountered people believing otherwise. 

Additionally, when measuring to see which models models are within range of an objective do you measure from the centre or from any edge of whatever you have chosen for a marker?

Many thanks in advance. 

2 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, ByronicHero said:

At the start of a pitched battle using one of the objective based missions, am I right in thinking that you don't hold objectives in your own territory unless you have a model within X" at the end of your turn? Put another way, are you assumed to hold them automatically and can thus move away? My understanding is that the formed case is correct, but I was unable to see it stated explicitly and have encountered people believing otherwise.

If the Battleplan doesn't use there own rules you follow these rules

At the end of each player’s turn,
you must check to see if either
player has gained control of any
objectives. To do so, you and
your opponent must count up
the number of models you have
within 6" of the centre of each
objective; you gain control of
an objective where your count
is higher than your opponent’s
count. Once you gain control of
an objective, it remains under
your control until the enemy is
able to gain control of it.

You can basicly move away and hold the marker with 0 models as song as your opponent doesn't have a single model in range.

7 minutes ago, ByronicHero said:

Additionally, when measuring to see which models models are within range of an objective do you measure from the centre or from any edge of whatever you have chosen for a marker?

It's basicly mentioned in the corerules (Page 11)

When measuring distances to
and from objectives, always
measure to and from the centre
of the marker.

13 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

If the Battleplan doesn't use there own rules you follow these rules

You can basicly move away and hold the marker with 0 models as song as your opponent doesn't have a single model in range.

It's basicly mentioned in the corerules (Page 11)

Okay, thanks. I was correct then that it needs to be claimed before I can move away. 

I appreciate the swift response.