Harrowing shriek stacks from multiple units of Dreadscythes?

darranh1

Question

I believe as the ability states this unit 3x units of nighthaunt dreadscythes within  a massive unit of chaos warriors would impose a -3 to hit. 

Thinking whether a 15unit better than 3 5 model units of using them only to hit bravery units less than 7 and of getting Morghast unit as ally would affect units below 8...

4 answers to this question

Not entirely because it is -1 to enemy MODELS not unit within 3” of the Dreadscythe unit so unless you can position three units near every single model at best you could inflict -2 on a pair of them. Maybe a -3 on a few with clever positioning. And then be prepared for salt from your opponent for mixing your units all into one big bunch and claiming they are 3 separate units. 

Btw what is the base size on dreads? Cause that is also a factor in trying to get three units bunched together.

Edited by King Taloren
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, King Taloren said:

Btw what is the base size on dreads? Cause that is also a factor in trying to get three units bunched together.

It’s 32mm. Ah ok missed that individual models debuffed only.  So yer it’s not worth trying to be clever and take 3 units. I thought abilities and measuring  started at base edge to base edge rather than middle of model now? 

4 minutes ago, darranh1 said:

It’s 32mm. Ah ok missed that individual models debuffed only.  So yer it’s not worth trying to be clever and take 3 units. I thought abilities and measuring  started at base edge to base edge rather than middle of model now? 

Yeah it is measured base to base. I was trying to think how feasible it would be trying to have three units squashed and maintain coherence 32mm is virtually impossible