BoC within Chaos Allegiances (Trait/Artifact question)

Blackspine

I've been toying around with a Pestilent Throng in my Maggotkin / Nurgle allegiance army and have come across a few oddities.

Taking the Pestilent Throng gives all units in that battalion the Nurgle keyword, and as the FAQ can be taken as part of a chaos Allegiance army. The same works for the corresponding battalions for the other (lesser) gods. 

Spoiler

Q: Can Brass Despoilers, Phantasmagoria of Fate, Pestilent Throng and Depraved Drove be used as part of a Chaos army that owes allegiance to a Chaos God? For example, can I take a Brass Despoilers battalion as part of a Khorne army? A: Yes.

Taking this as part of my army, here are the questions that arise.

Can I make a unit from the battalion my general?  In this case, the doombull.

I don't see anything prohibiting it, now that it has the keyword and is not an ally.

If I do, what Artifacts / traits do I have access to?

The FAQ states '

f. from that army’s set of allegiance abilities? A: Yes, as long as no other restrictions apply

I feel that the Command trait is limited by the book the unit came from.  Does the hero(es) in question have their choice from either?
Where do the artifacts for the general / heroes in this battalion draw from?  

• Beasts of Chaos
  • Maggotkin
  • Chaos (least likely?)

Thanks! 

You can make Beasts the general, but they can't take items or traits since they do not have the corresponding keyword.

Slaanesh doesn't have that issue, but do lack some synergies (like the Hedonite keyword)

And of course Tzaangors in Tzeentch since they're in both books and have Arcanite keyword.

Edited by kenshin620

On 6/6/2019 at 12:52 AM, kenshin620 said:

You can make Beasts the general, but they can't take items or traits since they do not have the corresponding keyword.

Slaanesh doesn't have that issue, but do lack some synergies (like the Hedonite keyword)

And of course Tzaangors in Tzeentch since they're in both books and have Arcanite keyword.

With khorne u can bypass restrictions choosing The skullfiend tribe