Nighthaunt vs stormcast rule query

darranh1

Question

2 quick questions that I’m looking for clarification on.

1) cycle of storm on lord arcanum. If nighthaunt did 5 damage to sequitors. I apply first 2 damage and opponent removes a model then on this ability puts it back a 1 wound. I continue to apply my 3 wounds so the next damage removes the model again and then the final 2 remove another. This correct?

2) deathless minions trait. The sequitors got 4 wounds thro with great mace to spirit hosts. At 2 damage a wound I played the spirit hosts now roll 8 dice and negate a damage each 6 rolled. (They rolled 3 sixes so only 5 damage gets through) is this correct?

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, darranh1 said:

1) cycle of storm on lord arcanum. If nighthaunt did 5 damage to sequitors. I apply first 2 damage and opponent removes a model then on this ability puts it back a 1 wound. I continue to apply my 3 wounds so the next damage removes the model again and then the final 2 remove another. This correct?

Correct:

"Q: If I use the Lord-Arcanum’s Cycle of the Storm to heal a wound on a model instead of slaying it, what happens to any wounds that remain to be allocated? A: Continue to allocate them as normal. Cycle of the Storm will not always stop a model from being slain, but will require an extra wound to be inflicted in order to do so."

(https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/age_of_sigmar_stormcast_eternals_designers_commentary_en.pdf)

3 hours ago, darranh1 said:

2) deathless minions trait. The sequitors got 4 wounds thro with great mace to spirit hosts. At 2 damage a wound I played the spirit hosts now roll 8 dice and negate a damage each 6 rolled. (They rolled 3 sixes so only 5 damage gets through) is this correct?

Also Correct, see Core Rules page 7. You did it absolutely right.

Been looking for ways to make my nighthaunt not as squishy.  So love deathless minions and spectral lure!

as you can’t alter their saves any tips on maximising resurrection as that’s a trait I really enjoy. Mainly resurrecting spirit hosts as my friend always try position so he charges and clears them out first! 

Archived