Matched play realms

Tizianolol

Question

Guys I have a doubt about aos2. I know that I can say my army came from a realm. And I can chose an artifact from that realm . But in matched play I have to play in a particular realm too and roll for it? Or it’s not a matched play rule? ( sorry for English) ! Thx all!

4 answers to this question

When you choose a Realm your army came from you gain access to that Realms` artifacts. You can pick up artifact from your home Realm as it is described in the rules. It doesn`t have any other effect on your army.

When you choose/roll a Realm where the battle would be played both your and your opponent gain access to these Realms` spells (for wizards obviously) and command ability.  You can be from one Realm and have its artifact(s) and fight in another.

Realm rules are not mandatory in matched play but as far as I know and see people usually play with them.

47 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

But for exemple during heat 1 tournament. They have chosen realm or not?:)

It all depends on the tournament officials. Some run realm rules and others don’t. 

If the tournament is running realm rules they usually choose ahead of time what realms you will play for all your games. Sometimes you will roll for the effects and most times they will even have that chosen so everyone knows what to expect. 

Archived