Charging incompletely through vertical surfaces.

KillagoreFaceslasha

Question

So would you consider the following stunt that happened on me to be legal or not?

Imagine a wall of 10'' of height., perfectly straight Two units of ardboyz close to it. One next to the wall's edge, blocking an evocator unit's path. Opponent says he climps 5'' of the wall and then starts going down the vertical surface to finish the move within contact of my two ardboy units.

Yes, no?

3 answers to this question

Sounds fairly legit. You are allowed to climb up on terrain of any height, and I don’t think GW ever put a restriction that any climbing was strictly vertical.

There is no restriction on how you charge either so long as you end your charge with one model at least within  1/2” of the enemy and enough space to have your entire unit within 1” of each other. And not go over your charge distance. You can move in any direction you desire for your charge even a circle.

Even if they are hanging off the wall while fighting there isn’t anything in terrain that core rules that disallows that. [See wobbly model syndrome.]

It is a bad day for you but kudos to your opponent for doing that kind of charge.

Yep, GeeDubs simplyfied movement to worst possible state so you can wall run whille charging and go full Prince of Persia whille fighting

32 minutes ago, King Taloren said:

[See wobbly model syndrome

So mad it's not there in aos

47 minutes ago, King Taloren said:

Sounds fairly legit. You are allowed to climb up on terrain of any height, and I don’t think GW ever put a restriction that any climbing was strictly vertical.

There is no restriction on how you charge either so long as you end your charge with one model at least within  1/2” of the enemy and enough space to have your entire unit within 1” of each other. And not go over your charge distance. You can move in any direction you desire for your charge even a circle.

Even if they are hanging off the wall while fighting there isn’t anything in terrain that core rules that disallows that. [See wobbly model syndrome.]

It is a bad day for you but kudos to your opponent for doing that kind of charge.

Yeah, bringing a gavriel bomb to a narrative campaign is truly laudable.

Archived