Green stuff doubt

peasant

Hi, Im converting a chaos Knight to nurgle using a blightlord body, but The Horse seem dwarf. So I decided to make The Horse taller. I chopped The legs and added directly a blob of Green stuff. The problema is i don sure if this Will endure, It seems fragile to me

IMG_20190401_190303.jpg

Would agree with @Hamigua, you ideally want to pin that.

The rule of thumb I always use is that modelling putties are generally "weak", so if you're looking for strength/support, you need to start off with a strong base to apply the putty to.  This also has the benefit that if you shock a model (e.g. manage to flick it onto the floor or bash it), the putty doesn't take the strain and crack/break.

41 minutes ago, Hamigua said:

if you want a stronger bond, you can always get a model drill and pin the legs/provide support for the greenstuff

19 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Would agree with @Hamigua, you ideally want to pin that.

The rule of thumb I always use is that modelling putties are generally "weak", so if you're looking for strength/support, you need to start off with a strong base to apply the putty to.  This also has the benefit that if you shock a model (e.g. manage to flick it onto the floor or bash it), the putty doesn't take the strain and crack/break.

Thank you, you avoided a tragedy! So I'll pin It.

Archived