Waaagh and mighty waaagh doubts - Ironjawz

Hobbycave

Question

Hi

I just started playing with Ironjawz and had some doubts about waaagh and mighty waaagh that would appreciate if someone can give me light :)

• In which phase do you declare the waaagh (from megaboss on foot)and the mighty waaagh (from megaboss on Mawkrusha)? Is it in the hero phase or in the combat phase? If it is in the hero phase do you declare the number of waaaghs or mighty waaaghs  do you plan to use in the combat phase (i.e. 3 waaaghs with 3 command points)
  • If a unit is affected by a single waaagh or mighty waaagh, and they are equiped with 2 weapons each figure (i.e. two axes). How many extra attacks would they have, 1 or 2? (excluding the chance of a roll of 6 in the mighty waaagh)

Thanks in advance. I have to ask as I have seen different views or opinions in this regard.

9 answers to this question

In core rules it’s stated that “If a Command Ability does not says in which phase it is used it is used in the Hero Phase”

You only get 1 extra attack per model with Waagh even if they are carrying two weapons because the two weapons counts as a single weapon profile. “Choppa and Smasha”

2 hours ago, King Taloren said:

In core rules it’s stated that “If a Command Ability does not says in which phase it is used it is used in the Hero Phase”

You only get 1 extra attack per model with Waagh even if they are carrying two weapons because the two weapons counts as a single weapon profile. “Choppa and Smasha”

Thanks! Very clear 👌

In the case of the megaboss in MK, he has two weapon profile so I guess the bonus will affect each weapon separately, right?

The rules for Waaagh! and Mighty Waaagh! state that you "count up the number of nearby IRONJAWZ units at the start of the combat phase".

Also, you don't have to declare that you're spending X amount of CP immediately-   you can spend a CP, roll once, see what you get, repeat until you're happy and/or out of command points.

40 minutes ago, CrimZy said:

The rules for Waaagh! and Mighty Waaagh! state that you "count up the number of nearby IRONJAWZ units at the start of the combat phase".

[...]

Not sure what you want to tell us with this, but Waaagh! and Mighty Waaagh! are still used during the hero phase.

33 minutes ago, Isotop said:

Not sure what you want to tell us with this, but Waaagh! and Mighty Waaagh! are still used during the hero phase.

Then I guess I have been playing wrong the last few games I tried Ironjawz. The way it's worded is confusing, but I guess if this is correct:

On 3/29/2019 at 5:20 PM, King Taloren said:

“If a Command Ability does not says in which phase it is used it is used in the Hero Phase”

then Waaagh is indeed used in the HP. Seems almost bizarre though 😧

20 minutes ago, CrimZy said:

then Waaagh is indeed used in the HP. Seems almost bizarre though 😧

To be fair this was written before 2.0 so it was used in the hero phase anyways at the time. But could be with a newer tome it’ll move to being used in the combat phase. Or not since it does promote preplanning to be ready before you call your Waugh’s.

Archived