Warhammer Underworlds to AoS minis conversion

gabbi

I was thinking that Underworlds warbands can be a nice starting point to assemble a small warband for AoS skirmish (Blood in the Streets, now), mostrly a choice with more variety in most cases. The point is that for people unfamiliar to a certain faction, it could be not so obvious what each named model is. Of course, with a bit of research an looking at the options on GW website, everyone would be able to match each Underworlds character to the basic faction option. Nonetheless, having a reference sheet could be handy.

Something like:

Steelheart's Champions:
Severin Steelheart - Liberator Prime with Grandblade
Obryn - Liberator with Grandhammer
Angharad Brightshield - Liberator with Warhammer and Sigmarite Shield

Garrek’s Reavers:
Garrek Gorebeard - Bloodreaver Chieftain with Reaver Blades
Karsus - Bloodreaver  with Reaver Blades (?)
Saek - Bloodreaver  with  meatripper axe
Targor and Arnulf - Bloodreaver  with Reaver Blades

Magore’s Fiends:
 Magore Redhand - Chaos Champion with Goreaxe
Ghartok Flayskull and Zharkus the Bloodsighted - Blood Warriors with Goreaxe and Gorefist
Riptooth - Flesh Hound of Khorne

And so on... What do you think? Stupid idea?
Splitting proper cost for WH:U warband and hiring individual named modles with actual stats and abilities would be a better idea?
I ask because some models are equipped with stuff unavailable to their "vanilla" couterparts (Magore's demon weapon, Karsus' chained axe, etc.)

I know, I was commenting on this in the last lines of my post. It's just, maybe WH:U warbands could be a cheap way to get a handful of models with some more variety than buying a single box (Magore Fiends, the Goblin one) and someone could be interested in getting them to build a warband of "standard models" instead of using the WH:U named characters. Also, Blood in the Streets way of calculate single model costs could be a bit inappropriate: just splitting cost by the number of models could make Magore too cheap and the two remaining Blood Warriors too expensive?

Anyway, I was just throwing in an idea. Just because I'm quite unfamiliar with Destruction, for example, but was thinking on using WH:U Orc and Goblin warbands to build a skirmish warband to lend it to a friend willing to try the game. I own no other Destruction model. Yesterday I was matching models to "standard" troops  warscrolls on GW website and wondered if a list telling me what each WH:U character is maybe already exists, but found nothing.

oh right, well yeah sure of course, unless you're playing with arseholes you can do what you like within reason. The underworlds models are generally all great with lots of character so totally use them however you want.

The one thing I noticed is that the Nightvault Evocators (don't know the name) are the perfect add on to your AoS Starter Set Evocators giving you a pretty looking 5men Evocators unit on a budget. 

In fact, you can get both sets for few bucks via ebay / online shops. 

Archived