General and command abilities

Damian

Question

There are a few command abilities (such as for deepkin and Daughters of Khaine) that state the model MUST be your general to use its command ability...

Is this rune superseded by the Generals handbook, which states a heroes can use the command abilities, general or not? (As the GHB 2018 came after the release of the books)

6 answers to this question

No it does not overrule what is in the battletomes.  They still require the general to use them. The main part of the ruling was to allow Heroes  that may not have a command ability to use other ones outside of the core three.

If they do change that there would be a FAQ or Errata for those abilities.

18 hours ago, King Taloren said:

No it does not overrule what is in the battletomes.  They still require the general to use them. The main part of the ruling was to allow Heroes  that may not have a command ability to use other ones outside of the core three.

If they do change that there would be a FAQ or Errata for those abilities.

I'm not sure about that answer.

Before GHB'18, every command ability had to be used by the General. So it was mentionned in the ability rule.

For me, every command ability written befoire GhB'18 mention that the model has to be the general, and it's overwritter by GHB. Or no ability older than GHB could be used ingame.

56 minutes ago, Beulettor said:

I'm not sure about that answer.

Before GHB'18, every command ability had to be used by the General. So it was mentionned in the ability rule.

For me, every command ability written befoire GhB'18 mention that the model has to be the general, and it's overwritter by GHB. Or no ability older than GHB could be used ingame.

There are Command abilities that can be used by others but here are still ones in Idoneth and Daughters of Khaine that still specifically call out that the user must be a general and these books were designed with 2.0 in mind.

Course I wouldn’t mind having the ability to let Morathi use her Two units shoot or fight in hero phase without having to make her a general. Or Ahkelian Kings +1 attacks for free without taking him as general.

Thanks for answers, just seems a shame as the Keeper of Secrets has almost the exact same Command Ability and can use it whether he's the general or not which sees a little unfair….

Making the Daughters have very few command abilities available to them without strict restrictions.

Archived