Greetings, need help choosing an army.

Deranged Hermit

Greetings mates.

I come seeking help in deciding between Sylvaneth and the Beastclaw raiders. As I have limited miniatures experience I guess I will go through a bit of what I enjoy playing in other games. In MTG my favorite decks are/were Trinity green, Fires of Yavimaya, and Turbo green. In WoW I loved the warlcok (drain tanking as affliction around level 40 in vanilla was one of the best times I had in WoW.) In DnD 4th I loved playing a dwarven battlerager as it was almost impossible to die. I guess I'm a rather straight forward kind of guy, in other games I prefer resilient big guys who can charge in and get things done.

As I saw in another thread people advising to play what they like the look of I will go into more detail on that.

As far as the Beastclaw raiders go, I love the look of the Stonehorn and Thundertusk but not much of anything else. Is it possible to run a list with nothing but Stonehorns?  I could probably do a conversion to the Mournfang beasts but I don't think I could ever play the Yhetees and sabers as they just don't appeal to me. I also saw a conversion here of an ogre on a Maw-Crusher and would love to attempt that.

With the Sylvaneth I like the look of the Treelords, Hunters, Branchwraith and Dryads, but after watching some of the few videos I could find it seems like the army as a whole is awfully fragile.

Welcome to the TGA community! Be sure to share you photos in the gallery

The Beastclaws seem very 1 dimensional, You have the large beasts and the mournfang. They are all hard hitting, and you will be sure to have a lot of fun.

Sylvaneth are very diverse, they have some shooting, some hard hitting melee models and they have some great methods of flying around the table. Not to mention they also have some of the best models in the game. But I'm a little biased, as I've started playing Sylvaneth myself :) But like I advise everyone, always buy what you like the look off. Atleast 70% of this hobby is building and painting :) 

To find players and clubs in your area, check out the following post, here

Archived