Zombie Dragon Pestilential Breath

Scott_K

Question

Greetings,

A zombie dragon targets a unit of 30 plaguebearers with the shooting attack pestilential breath.

12 of the plaguebearers are within the 9 inch range of the shooting attack.

How many hit rolls do I make?  I'm guessing no attack roll is needed because there are more than 6 models within the 9 inch range.

How many wound rolls do I make?  Am I rolling 12 to wound rolls against all 12 of the plaguebearers that are within the 9 inch range?

If I wound all 12 plaguebearers, do each of those 12 take D6 damage each?  How does that work?

Thanks for your help.

2 answers to this question

You only get one wound roll. Pestilential Breath has only 1 attack is does not gain extra wounds rolls for number of models.

instead you don’t have to make the hit roll because there are more than 6 so the roll is redundant to make to see if the attack would hit automatically. and have -3 rend d6 damage.

i think you might want to reread the core rules. You only get the number of attacks your models makes on its profile. That is not the number of attacks it can make to every model in range. It is how many attacks it can make period.

On 3/2/2019 at 6:44 PM, King Taloren said:

You only get one wound roll. Pestilential Breath has only 1 attack is does not gain extra wounds rolls for number of models.

instead you don’t have to make the hit roll because there are more than 6 so the roll is redundant to make to see if the attack would hit automatically. and have -3 rend d6 damage.

i think you might want to reread the core rules. You only get the number of attacks your models makes on its profile. That is not the number of attacks it can make to every model in range. It is how many attacks it can make period.

100% this. I don't know why it got down voted.

The profile for pestilent breath has 1 attack. You don't need to make attack rolls at all. You only make attack rolls if the profile says d6 or D3 attacks (or 2d6 etc etc).

If there are 6 or more models in the target unit it will always hit, guaranteed, so you skip the hit roll.

Make 1 wound roll (Consult wound table), target makes save roll, then you roll for d6 damage if it goes through.

Maybe I'm looking at an old warscroll but I also can't see any reference to how many models in the target are in range. Just how many models are in the unit.

Archived