Stupifyingly Easy Question About Allies

Sleboda

Question

Ok, ok, ok. I know this is dumb, but the answer seems too simple, so I'm having a hard time believing it.

I have played a bunch of AoS, but have yet to incorporate allies. I am looking at doing so for the first time.

Is it really as simple as picking units with a keyword from any source, as long as your main army lists that keyword as an ally?

For instance, Nighthaunts can take Deathlords as allies.  Morghasts have the Deathlords keyword. Therefor a Nighthaunt army can take Morghasts?

Yeah?

1 answer to this question

Yes they can. Unlike Gloomspite Gitz and Beasts of Chaos, Legions of Nagash didn't actually unify all the mini death factions into one faction with a common keyword, they're just in a common book with a rule in that book that they can be in the same army, so allies still use the old keywords, so it's a bit more confusing. Though until a new GHB comes out, a lot of stuff still allies with the old subfactions of GsG and BoC, but that will probably get fixed like the Maggotkin of Nurgle book did, but Nagash didn't.

Archived