New AoS ELO Ranking Website available for use

foolsama

Hi all, I've developed a website for ranking AoS players with an Elo system. I started a couple months ago when everyone was debating on how to score tournaments, strength of schedule, etc. In my opinion, the ITC system is not a good representation of the meta, as it only pulls from large events, and includes soft scores. My idea is that anyone, anywhere, can played a 'ranked' game, and get an Elo score. This is not a game-able system - it requires both players to agree on the game results, and it's Elo - playing the same player over and over will not net you any gain. This can be used to find the truly "best" players, as well as gather data on factions, battleplans, matchups, etc. The best use is to have your Elo rank seed the first round of a 5-round GT, thus simulating a 6-round Swiss event. This is also worldwide, so the ranking system in the States isn't different than the ranking system in the UK, isn't different from that in AUS, etc.

To me, this is certainly exciting - a fix to many of the scoring issues we've been having.

Feedback is certainly welcome!

http://elo.masterpieceminiatures.com

Archived