Anyone running an all squigs list

Thor0298

Absolutely. Looking at running a pure Troggoth list (all done), a pure squig list, and a mixed list (because y’know, skull pass). So yes, am currently building towards a full squigalanche. My thinking so far is this:

You can get some very scary movement on the hoppers with the right combination, so I’m looking at running two large-ish (battleline) units with a loonboss on giant cave squig, to just move over stuff. With the LBoGCS, the stampede battalion, and the bad moon blessing, you’re looking at re-rollable 4D6+3” of movement on the hoppers, with the capacity to charge afterwards.

At 1k, the list looks something like this:

Loonboss on giant cave squig

10 squig hoppers

10 squig hoppers

12 Squig herd

1 Mangler squigs

Squig rider stampede

Given that the Gloomspite allegiance and the moon shrine don’t help this list much, beyond the ability to charge after the run if the moon is right, I’m wondering whether destruction allegiance might be better, for the chance with rampaging destroyers at another 6” of move for my hoppers, and Bellowing tyrant (or Ravager) to boost again. Will try both and see.

Moving on to 2k, adding some bounders for more mortal wounds and some combat potential, a loonboss on mangler squig, and the squigalanche; probably going back to Gloomspite just for Fight Another Day, which looks to be really fun with the squigalanche pile in range. So far I have:

Loonboss on Mangler

Loonboss on giant cave squig

10 squig hoppers

10 squig hoppers

24 squig herd

Mangler squigs

10 Boingrot bounders

Squigalnche

Squig rider stampede.

All one drop so far. That leaves 280 points, so thoughts are currently: a) another mangler squig,  b) another 24 strong herd, c) add 5 to each hopper and bounder unit, or d) drop the 1-drop and the pure pure squig, and get some magic in there (and some sneaky snufflers) - maybe madcap shaman plus cogs plus 2 small units of snufflers? That’s about as far as I’ve got, beyond assembling some of the models! So yet to try any of it properly.

I think inherently a pure Squig list is too dependent on the Bad Moon. 

I kinda agree with Vince's Warhammer Weekly opinion on the Bad Moon, taking it as a bonus and not depending your entire army plan on it. 

Having the Squig lure spell will help if your Bad Moon decided to not move two turns. 

Below is my almost pure Squig list (madcap shaman is the only non Squig unit).

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (300)
- General
- Trait: Fight Another Day 
- Artefact: The Clammy cowl 
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)
- Moon-cutta
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm 
- Lore of the Moonclans: Squig Lure