Jungle base help. Bracken and vines

Kramer

Hi all you beautiful base builders! 

Tldr: how do you find the bracken and vines boxes? Do you think it’s suitable for a jungle/swamp theme? And any examples will be very appreciated!

Now I got this big box of stormcast and some Nurgle as a gift. The stormcast I already have painted have scenic bases (shadespire). An overgrown ruin style. 

So I want to pitch them against each other visually and at the same time up my basing game by including water. 

So stormcast: jungle with some ruins and clear water. 

And nurgle: swamp style.

the idea of the bracken and vines would be to tie it together a bit. Like nurgle is turning the jungle into swamp wherever they walk. 

But I just never used either bracken of the vines set. All input would be very helpful! How do you find the bracken and vines boxes? Do you think it’s suitable for a jungle/swamp theme? And any examples will be very appreciated!

They're nice sets, but they're quite large, so using them on bases can add a technical challenge to painting the miniature so my advice is to do the bases seperately to the miniature

For the swamp, quickest technique is Stirland Mud or Battlemire, drybrush with Gorthor Brown and use 'Ardcoat in recesses for the water, or for really dirty water, 'Ardcoat over Typhus Corrision.

38 minutes ago, Lucio said:

They're nice sets, but they're quite large, so using them on bases can add a technical challenge to painting the miniature so my advice is to do the bases seperately to the miniature

For the swamp, quickest technique is Stirland Mud or Battlemire, drybrush with Gorthor Brown and use 'Ardcoat in recesses for the water, or for really dirty water, 'Ardcoat over Typhus Corrision.

Good call on the size! I’ll have a good look at that! 

Yes definitely going to do basing separate. It’s going to be a challenge but a fun one. I’m painting everything off the base and than adding it together. 

For water i’m probably going a water effect bottle. That way I might add it to the terrain making reportoire as well 

Archived