Kharadran Overlords Embarking rule and deployment.

Mark Williams

Question

The rules for ships say that you can set up a ship  and declare which units are in the ship. I as playing someone tonight who used the wording of the rule to shorten the deployment process, by putting a ship on the table and several units into the ship as well. Is this possible without a battalion? I had thought that you would put a ship down then "deploy" each unit in the ship separately .

6 answers to this question

He is correct. The rule for the arkanaut ironclad and frigate is declare what units are on board when the ship is setup on the battlefield instead of separately.

Much like transports in 40k when they are deployed. You deploy them all in one setup instead of setting them up as if they were separate units. This is one of the only special rules that allows for more than one u it set up at a time outside battalions 

Even in 40k, the way I have played transports is that I only set them up at the same time if the transport was purchased as part of the unit. Otherwise, I put the transport on the table and then deploy units in subsequent turns inside of it.

Nevertheless I agree with how it’s worded. It just seems like a loophole to me...

1 hour ago, Mark Williams said:

Even in 40k, the way I have played transports is that I only set them up at the same time if the transport was purchased as part of the unit. Otherwise, I put the transport on the table and then deploy units in subsequent turns inside of it.

Nevertheless I agree with how it’s worded. It just seems like a loophole to me...

Transports in 40k are supposed to be the same deployment style it’s been discussed in a warhammer community article back when they released 8th Ed. To lessen the number of drops for a better chance of initiative just like battalions in sigmar since there is no equivalent in 40k.

and all transports are purchased individually in 40k now.

Archived