Wounds/Mortal wounds. Noob question

MrRoff

Question

I just started playing a couple of months ago and the people i've been playing with may have the wrong idea about wounds/mortal wounds.
If my enemy attacks me and i fail the save, isnt it just regular wounds that are allocated to me? Not mortal wounds.

Last week i met an army of Bonesplitterz with the Bonesplitterz alliance, making them having a special save against mortal wounds on a 6 for the whole army.
Now he used this everytime i managed to hit him with regular attacks, as an save after save, and now i'm really confused.

Same when i met a guy who had an "Lord Executioner" with the ability:  Disembodied Skulls: Roll a d6 each time you allocate a mortal wound to this model, in a 5+ the wound is negated. And he also used that each time i managed to hit him with regular attacks and he failed the normal save.

Can someone please help me/us understand this better.

2 answers to this question

On 11/7/2018 at 12:54 PM, MrRoff said:

I just started playing a couple of months ago and the people i've been playing with may have the wrong idea about wounds/mortal wounds.
If my enemy attacks me and i fail the save, isnt it just regular wounds that are allocated to me? Not mortal wounds.

Last week i met an army of Bonesplitterz with the Bonesplitterz alliance, making them having a special save against mortal wounds on a 6 for the whole army.
Now he used this everytime i managed to hit him with regular attacks, as an save after save, and now i'm really confused.

Same when i met a guy who had an "Lord Executioner" with the ability:  Disembodied Skulls: Roll a d6 each time you allocate a mortal wound to this model, in a 5+ the wound is negated. And he also used that each time i managed to hit him with regular attacks and he failed the normal save.

Can someone please help me/us understand this better.

It is tricky with Bonesplitter, their tattoos work like that:
If it's MW - than they get 6+ prevent
If it's any other attack - it's a normal save, that cannot get worse than 6+ due to a rend, again, it is normal save and they don't get any save after save
For example - if the get to save against terrorgheist maw which is -2 rend D6 damage - than they roll 6+ save, and if it's failed - no other rolls to prevent that D6

For Lord Executioner it is MWs only, not wounds from normal attacks, show themDesigners Commentary to Core Rules that clearifies all issues with wounds/mortal wounds and abilities to prevent those

Q: If an ability says it negates a wound, will it also negate a mortal wound?
A: No, unless the ability specifically says it negates mortal wounds. By the same token, an ability that negates only mortal wounds will not negate wounds.

Archived