2k freeguild list idea

hurpington

hello everyone heres a potential freeguild list im thinking of let me know what you think

Freeguild general
banner
indomitable
writ of dominion

celestial huricanum with mage

freeguild guard x20
sword and board

crossbowmen x30

crossbowmen x30

freeguild guard x20
sword and board

crossbowmen x30

crossbowmen x30

The list seems good damage-wise, but you are lacking in the movement department.

There will be several misions (places of arcane power, 6 objectives) where you list will almost automatically lose against anything that moves a bit, as, while you can defend up to 2 objectives like a god, you want to keep the units together for the Grand Companies stand and shoot, so spreading to get a 3rd or a 4th might be difficult while protecting your crossbowmen (remember, only 1 shot when the unit itself gets charged).

Going on foot is slow, and you would notice it if the oponent runs from one of the two grand companies, as you will have 780 idle running around.

I would recommend swaping the celestial hurricanum for demigryph x2 archmage (the elf one, has a 6++ spell for units within 10"? 12"?) x1, for movement, or maybe 2 cannons and an engineer, to force your oponent to come at you or get destroyed by cannon fire. Instead of demigryph you could use outriders as well, they have the dakka and movement, and can be used as grand company units if you want.

If anything, those extra units wouldn't be forced to follow the rest or your army (I am referring to the +1 to hit from the hurricanum) and could hang back securing objectives or advance to take the ones you have cleared up with your crossbows.

Hi first post here,

I've been using Demigryphs and have found that in a very static list like what you have here, they get isolated unless they can kill whatever they charge in 1 or 2 rounds. In my last game against ironjawz their brutes in a unit of 5 (and some bad rolling) held them up for long enough for another unit to catch and destroy my demi's before I could get close enough. 

You want your guards to screen your bowmen so you can support fire so you don't want to move much otherwise the extended range of the bowmen over the gunners is pointless. Gunners have rend which is great but slightly less range (16 as opposed to 20). 

I'm a big fan of running 2x helblaster volley guns. They can be hit or miss but against flesheaters last week I rolled 3 dice for a 4, 5 and 6 so max shots. They're also low on points and opponents fear them so it can give you time to get your gunners and guard screen well positioned.  

I've not yet got the hurricanum but everything I read about it suggests it is over-powered with bonueses to close by units. If that's the case, perhaps break down a few bowmen units and rely on the hurricanum buffs for hits?

Archived