Brand New IronJawz/Destruction player

Tip4Tap

18 hours ago, Tip4Tap said:

I agree with what you are saying completely and normally I wouldn't just want the most competitive list. However, from talking to some of the guys at my local GW, they seem to be pretty competitive. With that in mind, I'm thinking about two lists, one for competitive play and one for fun, relaxed play.

Do you mean the local guys are competitive? If so, its understandable you would wish to be able to compete at a certain level and not just get stomped every week. That's fair and a good example of a local meta dictating play (definitely a thing that happens). To be honest a lot of the time it starts "friendly" and then one or two guys ramp it up a bit and an arms race ensues! So at least you're getting off at the top floor to start with! ;) 

Please don't think I was having a pop or anything because you wish to be competitive or take the "best" lists. Just because it may not be my preferred style of play at this time, doesn't mean my way is right and yours is wrong! Takes all sorts.

18 hours ago, Tip4Tap said:

I do need to get some games under my belt, you are right there. I don't even know if Destruction/Ironjawz are right for me, having never played a game of AoS. I just like the way they look and the rules for them seem pretty cool.

If aesthetics and rules are ticking boxes for you, its definitely a good sign. Not many more indicators you're gonna get tbh.

As you've agreed, getting some games is key. In the first instance I wouldn't worry about what you are actually using, just getting some table time and a feel for the rules on the table will be super helpful. You can only go so far looking at a rulebook (or leaflet! ;)).

Get down the GW, have a chat and I'm sure they'll help you at. Report back and let us know how it went!

Archived