1250 pts. LoB or LoN ?

the_prophecy

Hi Guys,

iam torn between two lists for the next club tournament (medium comp.). I wanted to bring a mortarch and cannot decide between those two lists (kind of favouring the mannfred Legion of Night list a bit) what do you guys think ? Which list would you prefer?

List A: The Plan is do ambush with Mannfred, Vargheists and Harbringers, using a CP for the charge reroll and the Harbingers already have a good succesful charging chance

Allegiance: Legion of Night

LEADERS

Mannfred Mortarch Of Night (420) - General - Lore of the Dead : Vile Transference (Vampires)

Necromancer (110) - Artefact : Shard of Night - Lore of the Deathmages : Overwhelming Dread

UNITS

40 x Skeleton Warriors (280) -Ancient Blades
2 x Morghast Harbingers (220) -Spirit Halberds
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
3 x Vargheists (160)

TOTAL: 1250/1250 

List B: staying wihtin Neferatas Debuff Circle and trying to charge with the Vampire Hammer. But kind of vulnerable by 1st Turn charges

Allegiance: Legion of Blood

LEADERS

Neferata Mortarch Of Blood (400) - General - Lore of the Dead : Vile Transference (Vampires)

Vampire Lord (140) - Artefact : Amulet of Screams - Lore of the Vampires : Amaranthine Orb

UNITS

5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Blood Knights (240)
5 x Blood Knights (240)
2 x Bat Swarms (80)

ENDLESS SPELLS
Quicksilver Swords (20)

TOTAL: 1240/1250 

Both lists look pretty decent, depends on your preferred playstyle and the scenarios you’ll be playing.

with neffis spell the bloodknights will be pretty fast in the opponents ranks and rend protected too.

mannfreds CA will turn the morghast and vargheist into killing maschines 

So it is up to you and your liking 

7 hours ago, Honk said:

Both lists look pretty decent, depends on your preferred playstyle and the scenarios you’ll be playing.

with neffis spell the bloodknights will be pretty fast in the opponents ranks and rend protected too.

mannfreds CA will turn the morghast and vargheist into killing maschines 

So it is up to you and your liking 

Hi thanks for the tips ?

i think i will go with Neffi and a spare CP for a -2 to hit in the first or second battleround to get into cc fast. I think i will use her spell for herself when iam out of cp just to keep her alive. i also adjusted the list to bring more wolves

neferata
Vampire Lord

5 Blood Knights
5 Blood Knights
5 Dire Wolves
10 Dire Wolves

1 CP 

i will see how it went. when iam able to charge something i can be a really powerful list for 1250 pts. but not much staying power except for the wolves which are pretty decent chaff. The list as a whole has a lot of speed though to stay in nNeffis Aura

6 hours ago, the_prophecy said:

when iam able to charge something i can be a really powerful list for 1250 pts. 

Target selection and positioning will be key. But even if you ****** up our your opponent outmaneuvers you, the game will be fast and interesting most of the times. Good luck

Archived