First IJ 1K list

Dracothjay

12 minutes ago, froo said:

I think the ironfist batallion is really expensive in 1K... I'd be more inclined for 10 more ardboyz if you have the models

This is all I have (yet). Obviously a battallion at 1K level is steep as it is, but I feel IJ with that extra movement could be highly beneficial, on top of our other movement allegiance ability.

any recommendations on traits/artefacts?

Do you have a weirdnob? I'd swap the fungoid for him to give you the full 6 IJ units for your Waaagh!

If you don't I'd actually go Ulgu and grab the Sword of Judgement on your Megaboss and Betrayers Crown on the Warchanter. That gives you an amazing hero slaying tool and a solid Horde Killer.

1 hour ago, Malakree said:

Do you have a weirdnob? I'd swap the fungoid for him to give you the full 6 IJ units for your Waaagh!

If you don't I'd actually go Ulgu and grab the Sword of Judgement on your Megaboss and Betrayers Crown on the Warchanter. That gives you an amazing hero slaying tool and a solid Horde Killer.

I don’t have a weirdnob, I’ll probably only ever include him when I run a unit of 20-30 Ardboyz to benefit from his +X to casting.

i have noticed people running IJ artefacts outside of the allegiance provided artefacts. Are the dedicated IJ artefacts dormant now with malign sorcery out?

3 hours ago, Dracothjay said:

I don’t have a weirdnob, I’ll probably only ever include him when I run a unit of 20-30 Ardboyz to benefit from his +X to casting.

i have noticed people running IJ artefacts outside of the allegiance provided artefacts. Are the dedicated IJ artefacts dormant now with malign sorcery out?

Even with +1 he's still pretty solid, plus you do actually have the orruks to hit +2, and primarily it's to do with having enough IJ to get your 6 units for the Waaagh!

Of the old Artefacts some are ok, In order of usefulness

• Boss Skewer is better than any alternatives, if you have bravery issues it's solid.
  • Golden Toof is a different take on Boss Skewer, I'd say personal preference.
  • Daubing of Mork is alright but generally if you can get a 5+ MW save that's preferable to it.
  • Destroyer is superseded by the weapons like Sword of Justice.
  • Armour of Gork is bad, we don't have any +save to really abuse it.
  • Metalrippa's Klaw is strictly worse than some of the realm relics which increase a weapon to -3 rend.

So yeah, 2 artefacts are good. One is "alright", three are worse than the alternatives.

Archived