Checking in from Taiwan

Fisren

Hi all,

Brand new player checking in here. Used to see warhammer stuffs here and there while browsing anime/figurine stores, and finally decided to go visit a GW store during my last visit to the US. Decided to take the plunge and got recommended to pickup a Tempest box. I'm glad to say I had no idea what I was getting myself into (I knew it was a game but had no idea of the depth of it), which has been a ton of fun learning from the local warhammer club (sooooo glad there's actually one here as well!) Still working on my first army (decided to try for an SCE army first, but Ironjawz look like so much fun), and still looking forward to my first battle! 

A few small question I have is the following:

Is there an approximation of how readily AoS content is released? (i.e. quarterly, semi-annually) Mostly trying to schedule/plan how often I'll want to create/change an army. 

How competitive do older armies stay? (Does GW release new models for older races/factions? or is it usually all in one go and the race/faction gets left alone afterwards?) (couldn't find any release history/schedule of models) 

Looking forward to meeting/learning/discussing warhammer stuffs with people!  

Archived