Kel's Nighthaunt A-go-go...now with pic to start things off!

Keltheos

It Thought I'd document my slooow road to getting my Nighthaunt completed. It's one of too many armies I have that remain in various stages of completion and I am hoping it'll be my first fully realized completed (from the hobby perspective) army in, yes, 20+ years of gaming. 

First up is my initial test model for the color scheme. Still a WIP, but stealing liberally from @RuneBrush's color scheme here. It hit my interest in doing red and purple in combination on the models. First attempt at getting that ethereal purple he has on his Lord model...might have not thinned enough or been too heavy-handed...did do a bit of hilighting/drybrushing with lighter purple after the fact...back to the drawing board.

20180711_170147.jpg

20180711_170152.jpg

20180711_134708.jpg

Looking good!  Glad you managed to find that purple tint!  So when doing mine, one thing that I did was was to secure the model upside down when it was drying, which forced the wash to settle the wrong way.  I'd also say that the surface doesn't look 100% smooth so it could be your spray can was misbehaving.

Yeah, I'm looking now and it's a little feathery, not 100% sure what that's from, but the other models are being primered with the airbrush. I might have used a can on the girls. :( I did let her dry upside down, but I'm thinking I was heavier handed than you were with the inks and/or didn't thin them enough to get that very clean look you have. Then I did drybrush over it to soften the look. Red was still in progress in the shot. 

Archived