Abom and WLC questions

Lord Ein

Question

Howdy. 2 quick questions:

Do skaven wlc ranged attack ignore modufiers to hit? Eg. mirrorshield, look out sir?

if the abomination dies in CC, get ressed back up, do I get to attack with the rest of the unit that havent rolled yet? Eg 2 star Soul maces kills him, he ress  back, 3 more paladins havent attacked yet. Can they hit or is the combat over for my part?

4 answers to this question

41 minutes ago, Lord Ein said:

Howdy. 2 quick questions:

Do skaven wlc ranged attack ignore modufiers to hit? Eg. mirrorshield, look out sir?

if the abomination dies in CC, get ressed back up, do I get to attack with the rest of the unit that havent rolled yet? Eg 2 star Soul maces kills him, he ress  back, 3 more paladins havent attacked yet. Can they hit or is the combat over for my part?

1) yes.

2) sort of. Common mistake. You only actually allocate wounds once the whole unit has finished attacking. So everyone gets to attack. Then if the abomination dies, you res, and continue allocating any outstanding wounds.

18 minutes ago, BaldoBeardo said:

1) yes.

2) sort of. Common mistake. You only actually allocate wounds once the whole unit has finished attacking. So everyone gets to attack. Then if the abomination dies, you res, and continue allocating any outstanding wounds.

1) Agreed, as there is no hit roll as such.

2) Really? Would’ve made the opposite call.

All models attack, by weapon type. Then add up all wounds, and allocate. These would seem to happen all at once, except for the line that says “once the number of wounds allocated to a model during the battle equals its Wounds characteristic, the model is slain”.  ( my emphasis). So the question is whether this is a procedural once, (I.e. as part of counting), or a temporal once, if you see what I mean! I think it’s just procedural, so that all wounds ‘happen’ at the same time, slaying a number of models all at once (though procedurally selected one at a time), and therefore the abom rezzes after this point.

But I concede that’s an interpretation. Let me give another example - suppose the abom’s reaction is to spawn D3 Mortal Wounds instead of rezzing, and suppose those MWs end up killing models in the attacking unit whose successful wounds are still to be allocated (let’s say, to another unit in the combat- the abom was very wounded and not all attacks were on him). If the abom’s effect takes place ‘mid-allocation’, then those wounds can no longer be allocated, even though they have been successfully caused.

So I think the abom’s post-slain effects take place after the slaying units attacks/wounds have all been resolved?

Archived