Ghoul king to vampire lord conversion?

spoon_fed05

Hi I was wondering if anyone had any advice on converting the ghoul king from the vlozd kit into a vampire lord on foot?

My current thinking is to give him the sword from the kit and a grave guard shield (maybe). I’ve also got some Dark Eldar scourge wings to attach. I think all the spines around the arms and body need to be clipped off. I guess I’ll be going for a more crazy looking, approaching vargheist look than regal vampire in armour.

Is there anything else that can be done to make him look more vampire and less ghoul? Or is it just down to the paint job in the end? Bit concerned about the animal-ish looking legs... or maybe that’ll look good? Hmmmm...

btw I don’t have much / any experience of convesrting models.

8 hours ago, ManyBothans said:

see here .... this may be the answer...

Cheers, MB

It’s incredibly out of proportion.

if you have any skills with greenstuff: add a breastplate to the strigoi and one shoulderplate.  As weapon: Simple Shield and it the Vampire Lord blade (the blade tends to break so be cautious)

15 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

It’s incredibly out of proportion.

it's Games workshop ...anything goes :P

15 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

if you have any skills with greenstuff: add a breastplate to the strigoi and one shoulderplate.  As weapon: Simple Shield and it the Vampire Lord blade (the blade tends to break so be cautious)

he said he had limited experience with converting so the easier the conversion the better ;)

Cheers MB

Archived