I h*** my Sylvaneth

Nixon

Setting up terrain should be clearly in the rules. Then your opponent can place terrain to hinder you and you can place a few as possible or just every thing next to each other (to leave the rest more open). Then you can both do what favors yourself (not only in games with sylv but always) within the rules, so no one is THAT GUY.

I have played against the Sylvaneth more than any army, and at first the wildwoods really feel bad. After 10 games I became accustomed to playing against them. At 20 I could do good counter play and think they are very balanced. Now I am looking into a Free City Living City army with half Sylvaneth and wildwoods (probably one set.)

This army is fair, I just would say when playing someone new use perhaps less volume of trees, or explain them well.

Elite armies will always hate marching into the woods, tho. Thank Goodness for Freeguild Guard.

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:15 AM, Aezeal said:

Playing like that severely limits the strenght of our army. I know this since in my shop we usually have tables like this. The few times an opponent build a bit less crowded table I could actually use our army abilities which helped a lot.

I absolutely understand that. It helps that our scene is small and players are a mix of narrative and competitive, most are roleplayers. 

Every time we play on less crowded tables, it feels like playing a different army. On our regular tables, it feels more like outplaying your opponent to me. 

9 hours ago, Kaylethia said:

I absolutely understand that. It helps that our scene is small and players are a mix of narrative and competitive, most are roleplayers. 

Every time we play on less crowded tables, it feels like playing a different army. On our regular tables, it feels more like outplaying your opponent to me. 

Yes it's different.. but while outplaying your opponent using all rules of your army is of course less demanding than outplaying them while not using half the rules available it's still outplaying your opponent.... 

Archived