NightHaunt- WiP.

ManyBothans

who can't resist new models...xD anyways i got some nighthaunt to go with my eventual legions of nagash army, 

here is a "work in progress" of the cairn wraith,i wanted the contrast to look more cold than spooky so went for this effect instead of the usual greeny ghost look

sorry for the average phone pic -_- but you get the idea. side note - although you can't see it, the skull is actually gold.

med_gallery_9146_583_1713724.jpg

Cheers, MB

• 2 weeks later...

adding a Glaive wraith to the mix to see if the scheme looks ok over multiple model types. 

i think it's safe to start the army :P

* Question though,should i make the base flames greenish yellow like the normal GW stuff to contrast it or keep it bluey/white?...

med_gallery_9146_583_1299937.jpg  

Cheers, MB

3 hours ago, Slave2Chaos said:

I really like the ghostly blue. How’d you achieve it?

@Slave2Chaos - i based all the blue area's with Macragge blue first then did lines of Caledor sky from the top down then inside those lines i added thinner Lothern blue lines then painted the bottom ends with ulthuan grey and then white at the extreme edges. i then washed it all with a very watered down glaze of Guilliman blue(after that dried,i added a couple more layers of the glaze to the upper areas to make them darker).

hope that helps ^_^

Cheers MB   

• 3 weeks later...

Im in the process of converting up some Hexwraiths using Dreadblade Harrow steeds and Grimghast riders. 

Even using the five spirit skulls from the Executioner for heads to keep the ghost flame theme going. 

I was toying around with browns on the steeds flowing into ethereal blue so its nice to actually see the browns on the model. 

Looks great!

Archived