Evocator Weapons

papagumdrop

What is the community ideal on how to build out foot slogging Evocators with regards to grandstaves? All staves? Mix of staves and sword/stormstaves? Or does the extra attack and rend outweigh the extra flat damage from the granstaves? I have two boxes ready to build and wanted to think it through before assembly. I also already have a 5 man unit of the ones from the Soul Wars box. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Staves are better against anything that isn't a 2+ from what I have read (disclaimer that I haven't done the math myself), but the 2" range is really the deciding factor for me. Those bases are hard to crowd around priority targets, and 2" helps immensely. 

Well being a former English major I didn't do any math either but my daughter loves to play with dice so we did some practical emulations. We did 20 battle rounds for a 5 person unit with each weapon loadout, assuming empower successfully cast, and attacking  first in combat in order to get a full 10 dice for their mortal wound ability. Each unit was assumed to be attacking an enemy with a 4+ save. The Grandstave unit beat the Stave and Sword version 16 average wounds to 14 average wounds.

Archived