Was flying changed/updated?

Nick907

Question

For some reason I had an idea in my mind that friendly flying units do not block each other's line of sight. I cannot confirm this, but I was sure I had read or heard about it somewhere. It might have something to do with the warscroll for citadel woods now blocking line of sight for everything but flying units, but I'm not sure. 

I was thinking about using a 'T' formation with the length of my Ironclad blocking line of sight for a Gunhauler. If my Gunhauler can shoot through the Ironclad, but enemies cannot shoot it back, it could be a way to protect my weaker units without depriving them of the chance to shoot.  Am I way off? Let me know.

2 answers to this question

Other models in the same unit do not block line of sight. An example would be a unit of 10 Judicators in two ranks of 5 -- the back rank can "see through" the front rank regardless of their positioning.

Different units (regardless of which army they are in) can potentially block line of sight.

In this case, your Ironclad could potentially block your Gunhauler's sightlines -- basically, if the enemy can't see the Gunhauler, it can't see the enemy either.

2 minutes ago, Nick907 said:

For some reason I had an idea in my mind that friendly flying units do not block each other's line of sight. I cannot confirm this, but I was sure I had read or heard about it somewhere. It might have something to do with the warscroll for citadel woods now blocking line of sight for everything but flying units, but I'm not sure. 

I was thinking about using a 'T' formation with the length of my Ironclad blocking line of sight for a Gunhauler. If my Gunhauler can shoot through the Ironclad, but enemies cannot shoot it back, it could be a way to protect my weaker units without depriving them of the chance to shoot.  Am I way off? Let me know.

Way off, sorry.

If it wasn't, this would be a standard part of the Kharadhron toolbox.

Archived