Update to FW Pitched Battle Profiles

Enoby

When I buy FW, I don't generally buy it for the rules, I buy it for the fluff (E.g. an Exalted Keeper outranks a Keeper, so if I want my General to be a Pretender to the Throne, an Exalted Keeper could be more vain, ambitious, and charismatic) or the looks (the Exalted Keeper matched my Diaz Daemonettes pretty darn well!).

Buying something for the rules is, indeed, going to result in heartbreak when the rules change. That goes for regular GW models too, at least in 40k for now (R.I.P. my buddy's 5 Stormraven Guilliman list nerfed two weeks after he bought the parts).

That’s cool if you’re a narrative player, or have money to burn. Unfortunately I am neither so it’s a little disheartening. 

Tbh I haven’t witnessed the same occurring with gw, but I guess theres still time (gotta say, I feel for those with a legion of tomb kings).

As I said before it won’t diminish my love of the hobby.  That being said, i think it’s undeniable that’s its a sad aspect of collecting, but I guess it is what it is. 

Archived