Midian Enclave - Idoneth from Chamon

Melcavuk

Thanks guys, I usually tend to find a single model that inspires me to shape an army around, I've been trying to find a way to need that necromunda bounty hunter for a long time but trying to wedge him into the mortal realms was somewhat challenging. Im also going to be picking up the female bounty hunter with the lower face veil with minor conversions to become my Tidecaster (staff hand added, burns across the multitude of flesh on show, theory being most of her lower jaw will be dissolved hence the veil)

3 hours ago, TheR00zle said:

Speaking of this shyish sylvaneth army, what was the thread name?

I believe it was forests of death, it was my exciting idea for the doubles tournament at the beginning of year before work rescheduled me that end into working it and thus the army got sold when I couldnt use it.

19983464_745685138961615_661500857464776396_o.jpg.087a8f673437f29504517885bb62682d.jpg

Finally I've adjusted basing, the gaming base to measure from is still the correct inner base, but to accomodate the size he's gone oval

IMG_0044.JPG.885999390613457a2062957a0233a3a5.JPG

1 hour ago, Melcavuk said:

Thanks guys, I usually tend to find a single model that inspires me to shape an army around, I've been trying to find a way to need that necromunda bounty hunter for a long time but trying to wedge him into the mortal realms was somewhat challenging. Im also going to be picking up the female bounty hunter with the lower face veil with minor conversions to become my Tidecaster (staff hand added, burns across the multitude of flesh on show, theory being most of her lower jaw will be dissolved hence the veil)

I believe it was forests of death, it was my exciting idea for the doubles tournament at the beginning of year before work rescheduled me that end into working it and thus the army got sold when I couldnt use it.

19983464_745685138961615_661500857464776396_o.jpg.087a8f673437f29504517885bb62682d.jpg

Finally I've adjusted basing, the gaming base to measure from is still the correct inner base, but to accomodate the size he's gone oval

IMG_0044.JPG.885999390613457a2062957a0233a3a5.JPG

I just did a quick look through that army and I have to say, your skills are incredible!

Cheers, I've found AoS to be rich in potential projects to explore, plus these days the kits on offer are so detailed i can work through alot of ideas I would of otherwise struggled with.

Bit more detailing done, and a bit of background for the Midian Enclave:

Capitol: Delirium, the City of Dreamers.

Background: Whilst fondly known as the City of Dreamers in more recent years the Midian capitol has taken on the less fortuitous name of Delirium. None can truly say what the city would look like were it not hidden at the depths of the perception altering waters of the Sea of Alchemy, though its architecture is clealry more ancient than the Idoneth that now occupy it. Thought to have once been a beautiful city on the Realmplate of Chamon it had long since slipped to the ocean floor, waiting in the depths seemingly for the Midians to discover it as they travelled into the realm. To the eyes of those under the influence of the great oceans alchemical illusion the city is a beautiful tapestry of white marble and gold, its towers stretching from the deepest depths of the ocean as though reaching to once day reach the surface and star upon the nights sky once more, its populace lead a seemingly blessed existance of the finest clothes and precious metals thrown from would be pilgrims into the sea from the lands above. Yet all this beauty and elegance cannot conceal the agony of their existance. To reside in Delirium is a raputerous chorus of pain and ecstasy, to walk its sunked roads is to bargain each day to balance the pain against joy that the lie imparts. For the Midians they accept this lie all too easily, their existance has been a torturous one since inception at once born of light and shadow yet truly neither, there are those in the Idoneth enclaves who feel the Midians have embraced the shadow all too readily, yet the Midians argue that the Sea imparts upon them something far more dangerous and rare, the hope of a life beyond suffering.

OTHER CITIES AND OUTPOSTS:
Euphoria, the Lunar Jewel- Major trading city sat at the edge of the Sea of Alchemy, once in every lunar cycle when Ulgu is in ascendancy the tide receeds from the shore, making Euphoria accessible to land nations for trade. They traffic in exotic materials, narcotics and livestock (more moral societies refer to the latter as slaves).

Bliss, The Veil- Sitting on a rapidly eroding rocky edge above the vortex into Ulgu the population of Bliss are used to moving further and further into the city away from their receeding cliff edge. In centuries to come the hub of Bliss may well be lost entirely severing a much needed trade route with their kin in the realm of Shadows.

Sirens Rest - Said to be the Namarati outpost that keeps vigilant gaze over the Realmplate of Chamon lest enemies come to seize their empire. The beauty of the Namarati maidens visible just beneath the oceans surface is said to have drawn many a ship into the reef in which their fortress has been made.

IMG_0045.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

Final detailing still to do on the skin to try and get chemical burns looks going on but he's now progressed onto a larger base to accomodate the longer size of the model and had some detailling filled out on both the base and the model. Also a shot of all (2) of the models painted so far.

King2.png

IMG_0058.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0052.JPG

• 3 months later...

Archived