Sylvaneth Summoning and Navigate the Realmroots

Allornone

Question

Can I use the Navigate Realmroots ability to teleport with a unit of dryads that was summoned that turn?

The Summoning states that that unit can't move in the following movement phase, but I seem to understand that removing a unit from the battlefield and setting it up again doesn't count as moving. The other doubt is that I am allowed to navigate realmroots instead of moving, but I don't know if that instead means that if I can't move I can't also teleport or I am always able to teleport as long as I don't move after I did it. 

Quoted abilities:

‘Roused to Wrath:

Roused to Wrath has a casting value of 7. If successfully cast, you can summon a unit of 10 Dryads and add it to your army. The summoned unit must be set up more than 9" from any enemy units, and wholly on or within a Sylvaneth Wyldwood that is within 12" of the caster. The summoned unit cannot move in the following movement phase.’

Navigate Realmroots:

If a SYLVANETHunit is within 3" of a Sylvaneth Wyldwood at the start of your movement phase, it can attempt to traverse the spirit paths instead of moving normally. If it does so, remove the unit from the battlefield, then set it up within 3" of a different Sylvaneth Wyldwood, more than 9" from any enemy models. Then, roll a dice and consult the table below [...]

A FAQ  I think is  relevant

Q: Some abilities allow you to remove a unit from the battlefield and set it up again, and say that this ‘counts as their move for the movement phase’ (or words to that effect). Do these units count as having made a move for the purposes of any other rules or abilities?

A: No, it simply restricts them from making a move later on.

Thank you.

2 answers to this question

I believe you are correct.  There are a variety of abilities all over the game that would work the same way (Saurus Guard in the star host battalion , astrolith bearer, vanguard raptors, etc.). These units would also typically have detrimental effects that they can bypass by "not moving" in the traditional sense.

I say you are reading correctly. 

Archived