AOS 2.0 Battleplan Tactics

Primes

Hello everyone,

with my upcoming tournament being my very first forray into competetive AOS and having very limited experience with playing AOS in general (about 30 games so far; all against the same opponent) I am looking for your advice on general rules of thumb, tactics and things to look out for with our current 18 matched play battleplans.

As I can only give limited input I would like to at least point people in a similar position to a source which I found pretty helpful: The AOS Shorts Podcast gives a great rundown of the six GHB 2017 battleplans!

So please feel free to start with the name of your chosen battelplan in bold and then write down your thoughts - maybe together we can create a nice compendium for the inexperienced like myself.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Chris

A good general tip that might seem obvious, but people often overlook:

Focus on completing the battle-plan objective. Sometimes players become so bogged down in trying to kill the enemy that they forget that won't necessarily win them the game.

The reverse also happens sometimes. Last games I was so scared that nagash is going to kill me with his magic and summons, that I let the undead player get on the objectives first, and then he got double turn. Game ended at the start of his turn 2.

22 minutes ago, Toddy said:

A good general tip that might seem obvious, but people often overlook:

Focus on completing the battle-plan objective. Sometimes players become so bogged down in trying to kill the enemy that they forget that won't necessarily win them the game.

Can agree. Last Saturday I was playing my mixed Skaven against Ironjawz in tournament. In our rolled scenario only Heroes with artifacts and wizards could score. My opponent didn't have any wizards and only one Hero with artifact (Maw-Krusha). I was almost wiped out, but I managed to kill his Maw-Krusha and scored two poins to his one, because he couldn't capture objectives anymore.

Archived