Egrimm van Horstmann help needed

SCW

Hi everyone. 

While im waiting for the darkoath book to crack out wulfric and his mammoth I was reading some old books and recalled my favourite tzeentch sorcerer Mr Van  Horstmann. Obviously you can’t take a dragon lord for chaos so I thought perhaps Archaon. Just wondering if anyone has a competitive  tzeentch Archaon list or if it even works in the slightest before I start buying dragons to replace dorghars heads and green stuffing like a madman.

Don’t want to change the model size and use my spare gaulrach as I assume people would be a bit dirty for line of sight etc

any help is appreciated 

Now theres a name I haven't heard in a while! Being a wizard, Archaon should fit into a Tzeentch list nicely.  

I wouldn't stress on the conversion too much. Its still a big tall dragon so line of sight isn't going to be much of an issue, particularly if you do a nice job with the extra head(s).

List wise, what aesthetic are you aiming for? Daemons? Slaves to Darkness? Tzeentch Mortals (Tzangors and Acolytes)? There is a lot to choose from!

Yeah I was very excited when I found the old novel. I know I’m the old world his thing was warriors and cabal in very ornate armour and a bunch of hidden cults that he directly influenced. This leaves it pretty open to add anything, even the new Karic acolytes etc 

obviously Archaon is what I guess you want to buff to do most of the work but Ive never particularly looked into tzeentch or Archaon before inspiration struck so a bit lost

11 hours ago, SCW said:

Yeah I was very excited when I found the old novel. I know I’m the old world his thing was warriors and cabal in very ornate armour and a bunch of hidden cults that he directly influenced. This leaves it pretty open to add anything, even the new Karic acolytes etc 

obviously Archaon is what I guess you want to buff to do most of the work but Ive never particularly looked into tzeentch or Archaon before inspiration struck so a bit lost

Archaon is ridiculously good in a Tzeentch list imo.

Fate dice mean you can auto trigger his one shot ability with the slayer of kings.

Also Arcane Transformation means you can buff his already really strong combat ability. He also can take infusion arcanum to buff even more.

Archived